About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Saturday, February 21, 2009

No One Mourns The Wicked

"Are people born wicked or do they have wickedness thrust upon them?"

That's a really good question asked in the opening scene. I ask myself: 1) Who I am? 2) Am I on the path I'm supposed to be on? 3) Is my life predetermined?

"And of course, the minute she was born, she was, well, different."

I knew I was different when I was 4 years old. My mom would take me along to drop Ernesto off at school. Every time we walked passed a certain teacher, my mom would say to me "stop acting silly". I knew being different would cause problems for me. I hid my true identity from everyone. I became extremely good at hiding who I was, my feelings, and especially the things I was doing the past few years. Exposing the real me to everyone, I realize I still have my family and friends.

The next two months I'll have plenty of time to reflect on what's really important in life. I can either wallow in self pity or use this time constructively to help myself, family and friends, and those less fortunate.

"Now at last, there's joy throughout the land. And goodness knows, we know what goodness is."

As I keep myself focused on the good things life has to offer, I'll have the ability to discover every treasure, every wonder, and every joy the world has to offer. If I can concentrate always on the present, I'll be a happy person. I will discover who I am all over again. Life is the moment we're living right now.

"So you see, it couldn't have been easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment