About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Weekend

Tuesday, I'm seeing Wicked with Derrick. Rob (lower right) bought tickets for us to see it on April 1, 2009.

Valentines was a lot of fun. Joe and I went into the Castro to participate in Drag Queen Bingo. At our table sat Shane, Miguel, and Michael. I was the only one at the table to win a bingo game for a grand prize of $20, however, admission was $20 so I broke even. We had a great time laughing playing bingo that at the end of the night my voice was almost gone. The drag queen who was emceeing or the "ball caller" kept us entertained all night. At one point when there was a glitch with the bingo machine, an auction was held to see another drag queen do a push up. I ended up with the winning bid of $25 but also included a cup cake. As the drag queen did the push ups, she was also eating the cup cake every time she went down.

On Sunday night, Kip, Joe, Keith, and myself saw John Cameron Mitchell (left) do a live performance along side his famous movie "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". It was great seeing him in person commenting on various parts of the movie. At the end of the movie, I ran into Scott (second time this weekend) and Nick.

Even though Valentine's Day has the capacity to make single people feel left out, I truly enjoyed the weekend with my friends. Hanging out with friends, laughing together, and feeling alive again is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. So, these must be the queens you were dreaming about that memorable night in Oakland, scaring the shit out of Joe the Mohawk. Bart

    ReplyDelete