About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Short Day

Every time I listen to the music from the show, I find myself relating to it more and more. The latest being "One Short Day". I live in "the Emerald City", it's a place where I belong, I wanna be in this hoi ploy. I haven't enjoyed the city in the past few years as I did when I first moved here 15 years ago. Growing up in Vallejo (30 miles northeast, off Highway 80), I've loved the city ever since I was a little boy. I felt I could make my life and make my way in the Emerald City, if only I had the chance. I don't want to blow that chance again.

Seeing the city through different eyes, I can really appreciate the beauty and diversity of the city. The different neighborhoods, rolling hills, fog, fantastic restaurants and buildings that are as tall as redwood trees, a hundred strong. To have a life time of fun is what the city is all about even though if it's for one short day. So now that I've been here, I need to let my friends that I'm still here, enjoying life yet again.

"Where so many roam to, we'll call it home to, and then just like now we can say we're just two friends, two good friends, two best friends, sharing one wonderful, one short life, together".

I'm just glad to be back for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment