About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Scott!

Today is Scott's 35th birthday! Doesn't he look great? Well, he could probably use a tan in the picture to the left. Sun, Scotty, not shade!

Last night, I took Derrick to see Wicked. It was his first time and wants to see it again. Teal Wicks did an amazing job. She is getting stronger and more confident as she continues to grow in the role of Elphaba. Kendra Kassabaum, Glinda, seemed a little off, but was still spectacular. Deedee Magno Hall, Nessarose, continues to deliver amazing performances. Carol Kane and David Garrison delivered another great performance. As for Nicolas Dromard, I still like his acting but his vocals aren't up to par for the role of Fiyero. I was disappointed with "As Long As You're Mine". Eddy Rioseco performance as Boq is starting to grow on me. As for the hat toss in the cornfield, Dan was right. It's part of the performance I haven't noticed till a few weeks ago.

I was pretty disappointed in the crowd. This is the first time in 10 performances I have seen, no one applauded when Glinda or Elphaba appeared on stage. It didn't stop me from applauding for them. My next scheduled time to see Wicked is on April 1. Since I have a lot of free time the next couple of months, I'm sure I'll see it a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment