About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vicki Noon on again!

When I heard Teal Wicks had returned from her leave of absence earlier than expected, I was hoping to see her in last night performance. However, Vicki Noon took the lead role of Elphaba. As much as I like seeing Vicki Noon grow in the role and continues to get stronger after each performance, I really wanted to see Teal Wicks.

Though I was disappointed that Teal Wicks was not on, Kendra Kassebaum did not disappoint. This was one of her best performances I have seen as Glinda. Deedee Magno Hall had also returned and once again delivered another outstanding performance as Nessarose. Nicolas Dromard is starting to grow on me as Fiyero. His duet with Vicki Noon "As long as you're mine" was his best performance I have seen so far. Alexander Selma assumed the role of Boq, replacing Eddy Rioseco. Though Eddy Rioseco acting abilities are far superior than Alexander Selma, Alexander has a better singing voice. David Garrison delivered his usual stellar performance as well as Patty Duke.

This is the 15th time I've seen the show and I haven't gotten bored yet. I'm looking forward to the day of Teal Wicks arrival, till then, I'll continue to enjoy the show with Vicki in the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment