About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm defying gravity!

I went to Paramount's Great America with my friends Joe and Louis for Gay Day. Joe and I decided to do the Xtreme Flyer which is almost flying via bungee cord. As we fell almost 300 feet, all I could think of was Elphaba's Defying Gravity, so I started to sing it out loud. Joe was mortified and the crowd below started laughing. Towards the end of the ride, I sang the part "And nobody in all of Oz, no Wizard that there is or was is ever gonna bring me down!" That was totally awesome!

I'm seeing the matinee performance, row M seat 108, bought at the box office today for a total of $99. I heard that Dee Roscioli, who I've seen twice perform as Elphaba in Chicago, is taking over the role of Elphaba, while Vicki Noon is on vacation. It's been said that Teal Wicks has been performing once a week prior to her full time return in June. If either on is on today, I'll be extremely happy. I'll hold judgement for Angel Reed if she comes on. Hopefully Kendra Kassebaum will also be on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment