About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Monday, May 18, 2009

May 16th Performance

When I arrived at the Orpheum Theater, I saw that both Teal Wicks and Kendra Kassebaum were replaced with Vicki Noon as Elphaba and Natalie Daradich as Glinda. Even though I was disappointed that Teal was out, I was shocked to see Kendra out also.

Vicki Noon's performance as Elphaba was spectacular. She was on fire, especially her "No Good Deed". She continually impresses me each and every time I see her. However, Natalie Daradich as Glinda is okay. Although her performance was an improvement, I would rather have seen Kendra opposite Vicki.

Also spectacular was DeeDee Magno Hall as Nessarose and David Garrison as the Wizard. Nicolas Dromard's performance as Fiyero is definitely growing on me. My opinion of Eddie Rioseco as Boq has changed. I really like him in the role. He seems to be getting more comfortable and stronger as time passes. Patty Duke as Madam Morrible was off. She missed a few lines and almost injured herself with her necklace. She is still amazing and love watching her perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment