About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wicked


I am a huge Wicked fan, although I must admit I couldn't finish reading the book. I've tried several times but just could not get into it until I saw the musical in the summer of 2006 in Chicago. I actually had tickets to see it in San Francisco in 2003 before it went to Broadway but the day I was supposed to go was cancelled for unknown reasons. We couldn't re-schedule due to the sold out run at the Curran Theater.

My friends Grant and Rick (pictured above) and I were going to see Madonna's Confession on a Dance Floor Tour in Chicago (I had seen the show twice before in San Jose and Fresno). They talked me into seeing the Wicked with them and fell in love with it once the overture started playing. I was blown away by "Defying Gravity" which is my favorite song.

Since then I have seen Wicked in Los Angeles (4 times), Chicago (2 times) and once in New York. I already have tickets to see Wicked! in my home town of San Francisco for the following dates: February 6 (opening night) and February 17.

The last time I saw Wicked was January 10, 2009 in Los Angeles before it moved to San Francisco. It could be the last time I would ever see Eden Espinosa and Megan Hilty perform the roles of Elphaba and Glinda respectively, who are my all time favorite performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment